We often discuss the benefits of owning a commercial or residential dumbwaiter. However, it’s also essential to keep in mind that every lift will require maintenance. While machines are convenient, they aren’t perfect. There are numerous safety tips that you can follow to keep your dumbwaiter in the best condition. There are also some things to jot down about maintenance. Here is what to consider.
Dumbwaiter Maintenance: A Few Recommendations
It’s beneficial to have a dumbwaiter professionally inspected each year. A trained eye can spot issues to ensure that your lift has another year of dependable performance. Also, in between your yearly inspections, if you notice anything is awry, it would be best to reach out to a professional immediately. Here are a few service recommendations that professionals advise to keep your dumbwaiter working optimally:
- Lubrication: Over time, your dumbwaiters’ tracks and rolls can lose their lubricant. When a professional adds more to it, it reduces friction, prevents wear and tear, and prevents your lift from making unsettling noises.
- Cleaning: Just as you should clean elevators, a dumbwaiter’s interior should also have regular cleaning. Our mechanics and technicians can use safe, professional-grade solvents on dumbwaiters to remove grime or other build up. Too much buildup can prohibit a door from opening properly and impede a dumbwaiter’s performance overall. This fact matters, particularly regarding restaurants.
- Examining Worn Components: The proper lubrication doesn’t prevent dumbwaiters from wearing down over time. A professional can spot worn components in the motor or rollers and replace them.
- A Safety Lock Examination: All of our lifts come with safety features such as locks to ensure that doors won’t open until a life reaches its designated floor while coming to a complete stop.
- The Electrical Inspection: A technician should also inspect the electrical components of dumbwaiters. If you notice faulty wiring, refrain from ignoring this. Faulty wiring in any part of your home or business can cause a fire.
Check with your local building authorities to understand what services are law-enforced.
How to Ensure You Minimize Dumbwaiter Maintenance Needs
- Don’t exceed the weight limit.
- Take breaks between loads.
- Keep the Interior Clean
What Happens if You Ignore Getting Service When Your Dumbwaiter Needs It
- Poor Performance
- Unsettling Noises
- Safety Risks
- Unnecessarily High Maintenance Costs
Preferred Elevator: We’re On the Up and Up!
For over a decade, Preferred Elevator has served residents in Central Maryland, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. You can rely on our experienced home installation team and quality products.
For our commercial elevator clients, we also provide annual inspections of your equipment to adhere to standards established by the state of Maryland. During these inspections, we make sure that your commercial mobility product is functioning correctly and efficiently. We’ll also go over all safety devices and customized features offered within your plan!