Hello, and welcome to our new blog! Preferred Elevator is your local lift and elevator specialist. After years in the commercial elevator services sector, our company’s founders decided to refocus the company on what we do best: residential elevator installation and maintenance. We outfit and upgrade homes throughout Central Maryland, as well as Baltimore and Washington, DC. There’s a reason we call ourselves Preferred Elevator: our customers prefer our quality products and expertise! Read on to learn more about our superior products and expert services.
Services We Offer
We’re honored to help our customers enjoy their homes again and to overcome the challenges presented by limited mobility. Once you let us know what you need, we can take it from there. To that end, what are some of the services we can offer you? We’re glad you asked! We’re well known throughout the industry for our ability to offer high-quality installations for both residential and small commercial elevators. Our top values include honesty, efficiency, and affordability. These values have taken us to the top; we’ve been reviewed and certified by several credible organizations and sites, such as the Better Business Journal and Yelp. Over the years, we’ve accrued a wealth of experience and credentials required by our industry. Why does our industry require such established experience and reputation?? That leads us to our next point.
By law, elevator contractors must always be licensed and certified to provide consumer services. You should be aware, however, that not all contractors live up to this standard or submit themselves to the process of completing these legal requirements. One of the best pieces of advice we can give you is this: always inspect the license your chosen elevator contractor provides you. This is an important and vital step to complete anytime you seek to start a new installation project.
We maintain the highest standards of training. All of our team members are educated and licensed elevator mechanics. Our mechanics have either completed the five-year apprenticeship program offered by the National Elevator Industry Program (NEIEP) or are currently in the process of completing said program.
Do you need a mobility installation done in your home? We have got you covered! Once you’ve contacted us, we can proceed to determine what product is best for you. Whether it’s a home elevator, a stairlift, a wheelchair lift, a material lift, or a dumbwaiter, be sure to speak with your assigned contractor. The contractor will tell you all about the different safety mechanisms involved with each product. The more confident you are about your product, the happier you will be. Whatever you need, we can install it for you; trust us. We’ll address your needs and exceed the standards you expect from us, as well as expect from ourselves.
When planning on mobility installation, it is important to start by asking yourself these questions:
- What mobility challenges might I encounter inside my home?
- How much available space do I have for any feasible installation options?
- What’s my budget? How much can I conceivably spend?
Of course, we can provide a free assessment to help you answer these questions. Having all of your questions answered provides a stronger foundation on which to proceed. Account for everything, and the safer and happier you’ll be!
Maintenance and Repairs
Maintenance and repairs are two other key services we offer. You might be wondering, what is the difference between maintenance and repairs? Maintenance refers to preventative maintenance. Preventative maintenance focuses on keeping problems and issues from arising. Meanwhile, repairs refer to what happens when problems and issues that do arise need to be fixed. Regardless of the circumstances, we can still do a lot for you. What does our service agreement entail?
- The peace of mind that your elevator will always be in exceptional condition and working order.
- All of the work is carried out by elevator mechanics who are professional, highly trained, and duly licensed.
- You’ll receive honest and superb service, and as always, with a personal touch.
- Our services are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Inspections carry a 60+ point examination, as well as providing a lubrication service to keep everything running smoothly and quietly.
- We can provide you with 24/7 service.
- In between scheduled inspections, we can furnish you discounted rates for any parts and services that might be needed.
- Our annual inspection fee is included in the maintenance service.
- We won’t charge you any hidden fees, such as for travel time.
For our commercial clients, we can perform annual inspections as required by the state of Maryland. Safety inspections are a key part of commercial elevators and commercial wheelchair lifts.
Now, allow us to go into more detail about the products we offer.
- Residential Elevators: Whether aging has presented a challenge, or a disability hampers your mobility, residential elevators can help. We will choose only the best for you; we offer some of the safest and most reliable brands. Options for installation include 3-sided entrance, in-shaft elevators, machine room elevators, machine roomless elevators, and dumbwaiters.
- Lightweight Commercial Elevators: When it comes to commercial elevators, we are longtime veterans and experts. If your commercial elevators need three stops or less, we can sell, service, and install them for you. We can save your small business money and meet ADA compliance while the elevators we offer are able to lift up to 1,400 pounds.
- Stairlifts: If you have space or budgetary constraints, then stairlifts might be the answer. We can install, maintain, and inspect these stairlifts after reviewing your needs. Some features of our stairlifts include independently battery-powered units, a flip up seat to provide extra walking room, a generous seat size, and a soft start/stop function to forestall jolting, and a guaranteed smooth ride every time.
- Wheelchair Lifts: Wheelchairs don’t need to become another obstacle. Overcome the logistical challenges of a wheelchair in the home with wheelchair lifts. You don’t need to restrict yourself to single-level housing with such a lift, and you can also increase your home’s property value for prospective Baby Boomer buyers, who are a large part of the real estate sector. Some features and benefits of wheelchair lifts include easy access, solid construction, anti-skid surface, and a under-lift sensor system.
- Dumbwaiters: Need to carry heavy supplies or materials between floors? Don’t risk hurting yourself. Instead, rely on a dumbwaiter to do it. Dumbwaiters around the house can help reduce the strain of climbing stairs. Commercially speaking, they can carry food to hotel guests, transfer bank documents between separate offices, and deliver supplies and files inside a hospital or doctor’s office.
- Material Lifts: A material lift functions almost as a larger dumbwaiter. It can transport heavy materials, especially if they need to be kept separate. What are some benefits? They are customized for any purpose, have a load capacity that can exceed 10,000 pounds, can lift up to 100 feet, and have multiple loading configurations.
Preferred Elevator: We’re on the Up and Up!
For 11 years, Preferred Elevator has served residents in Central Maryland, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. You can rely on our experienced home installation team and quality products. Get in touch with us! Our business hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Reach us by phone at 410-238-2555, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.